I love talking to my Grandma Peterson. Since I moved down here, I have the opportunity to see and talk to her a lot more. She is a great example to me and I'm grateful I can soak up some of her wisdom. As I was telling her of my working woes on the phone today, she said something that really got me thinking and changed my whole outlook. She said, "but Amie, we knew what we were going to have to go through, and we still wanted to come down to earth and do it." She was absolutely right. I may have not known exactly what I was going to have to go through in this life, but I did know that it wasn't going to be easy, and yet, I still wanted to come down and receive this mortal body of mine. The term "enduring to the end" took on a whole new meaning.
We all made a choice to come down here and endure what we would have to in this mortal life. I am grateful for this opportunity I have to be alive, to grow, and to be a part of Church.
I love my Grandma.
Here's the scripture in case anyone wants to know. With this down turning economy, the world can be a scary thing. But, there are ways we get through it, and studying the scriptures and putting family first can lighten the load, or at least get us into the right perspective. This is all but a small moment in the eternal scheme of things.
7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the
apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the
bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce
winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to
chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of
dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee
eexperience, and shall be for thy good.
0 comments:
Post a Comment