On Saturday, Nate invited me to spend the day with him and his family at their family's cabin up Cedar Canyon. It was a long drive, but definitely worth it!

Outside of their cabin are huge lava rock areas that we climbed around on. We were looking for a stick that Nate's brothers had put up years before to indicate where the rock cave was. So here we are hiking all around the rocks.

But when we found the stick, it was broken! Nate was livid, and so was I.
(but only because that meant I had to climb around more with my useless hand.) This is him screaming in rage.
But, we eventually found the cave, played a game of "I have never" and called it good. We were once again, happy.

After lunch, we played a game of shoot em up. They use air-soft guns that shoot tiny plastic balls that look like bee bees.
(what's the spelling on bee bees anyway?) I think this was one of the most entertaining parts of the day. Because they all knew of my hand injury, they let me watch as they chose "scenerios" in which they would pick teams and go against each other in the woods. If you are shot, you yell "hit" and throw your arms in the air and go back to base. One of the scenerios was called "pilot." This is the one where I got to sit and shoot at everybody while they couldn't shoot at me. I decided it was a great position to be in. I didn't mind it at all. I enjoyed watching, and participating as much as I could. I loved that their whole family was involved in it. Even Nate's Dad was getting into it! I'd sit on the stump watching the action and asking him questions. Nate says he does this to relax, but I don't know how anyone can relax while trying to avoid being shot at. Here's just a picture to sum up the adventure.

Don't we look scary? The rest of the day was filled with games, ukulele playing, eating, and just talking. I call this a Saturday Success. :)
2 comments:
I love these pictures! It looks so fun!!!!! It's about time I got caught up on your blog, I haven't visited in a while. I freakin love you!
Here's a fun free date idea...
Monday, August 10, 7:30 PM
CONCERT IN THE PARK
Vernon Worthern Park
300 S. 400 East
St. George, UT
FREE!
(Kirby is performing there thus the plug)
Post a Comment