Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hidden talents

A couple of weeks ago in my home ward of the South Mountain 4th, we talked about having hidden talents in our sunday school class. When thinking of a title for this post, I thought it fit perfectly. I have found a hidden talent of mine, and although I'm not that good at it, it's become a joy for me. I, Amie Purles, am in love with the Ukulele. My mom, coincidently, has tons of them. She kept them from teaching the ukulele years and years ago to my elementary school classes. What could get better than that? Oh, it gets better. I've found an online tuner on the internet, and tons of songs that have chords just for the ukulele! Makes learning an instrument so much easier.

I love learning simple little love songs including Growing Old With You from the Wedding Singer and The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson. I've also taken the time to learn Over the Rainbow, but can't seem to get the strumming right. But one day I'll be able to lure a man in...like so:

Ok, ok, so Nate is just posing in this one. He wasn't really that entranced by my playing, but I'm hoping one day to get a man to look at me like that for real when I wip out my Uke and start singing, "I'll buy you Rogaine, when you start losing all your hair..."

This is the good life.

0 comments: