Saturday, March 1, 2008

Shasta the Liger

No really, Ligers do exist. It's not just something funny from Napoleon Dynamite. This is Shasta who once resided in the Hogle Zoo, but will forever remain stuffed and in a glass case in the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum . I thought you'd all like to know what I do at my new job. So here you go. I sit across from her at a desk answering phones, cashiering for the gift shop, and answering the weirdest questions. ("Is a pack of moose called meesen?" Ya, I've gotten that one.)This is my new friend Beka. She is an educator. (Which means she gets to give the shows and hold all the crazy snakes, tarantulas, lizards, and turtles.) It's people like her that make me love my job!

1 comments:

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

I'm so glad you love your job. That makes all the difference in your daily happiness. We will have to come visit you sometime and have you introduce us to Shasta!