Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An update...

I have successfully moved out of my Rose house blue room, and I am now residing with my sister in American Fork. Sometimes it's really hard for me to be dependent on others, and this is one of those times. This whole experience has just made me appreciate living on my own all that much more. I like being independent and taking care of myself. It reminds me of when I was in high school and I had to rely on others for rides everywhere because I couldn't drive. Thank goodness for growing up. :)

Here's some things I've been up to recently:

My sister and I got our first pedicures on Monday. I was a little relunctant to go with her to get one, but I didn't want her to have to go alone. If you've ever gotten a pedicure, I'm sure you know why it can be weird the first time. So we went, and it was definitely an experience of a lifetime. Seriously, it was almost like I had traveled to a different country and no one spoke a lick of English. It's like its own little world in the middle of Draper. What I really want to know is, where can I get one of those massage chair things with the jetted tub for your feet? I want one. Or two. Anyways, I've always loved my toes, but now they just look better. Call me vain, but they're pretty dang cute.


Quilting. Ah, yes. When babies are arriving, there is sure to be some quilting. My sister's hands have gotten to be too swollen and numb, so I have started hand quilting her baby quilt myself. I also enjoy watching episodes of LOST while I do it.

I'm currently pretty much unemployed (which isn't a bad thing.) My boss was able to find someone to fill my place, and I trained her in all of 2 hours. So, now I just work in the AAVP office and get all my personal things done. (like blogging, for instance...like I'm doing now.) While this job is only 2 hours a day, I'm still grateful for what little work I have.

My parents ditched me to go to Disneyland. That's right. My mom called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to come. I thought she was kidding because they said they were leaving at 10 PM. Uh...she was serious. She called me today from the happiest place on earth and I was a tad bit jealous. Dang. I can't wait to go on random road trips. St. George is like, in the middle of everything.

Cakes. What would my life be with out them? I am starting on my cousin's birthday cake today. It's pretty much going to be the best cake ever. I've had a plan in my brain for over a month now, and thanks to Kristin, I have yet another chocolate cake recipe to try out. I will post pictures later.

Exercising. Working full time can take out all your desire to exercise. But, now that I have the time, I have rekindled my love for running, walking, and of course, Wii Fit (call me pathetic, but I actually get sore from playing on the Wii! The Yoga poses are a killer! and the hula hooping...FANTASTIC for the abs. Try it.)

I only have 12 days left here in the North so I am making the best of them. I'll take plenty of pictures and post fun stuff later. Until then, I'm living.

2 comments:

Mandi West said...

LOST is the best. I'm so glad you've joined the club. It seems like you sure are living up life! But wow, just 12 days left? We should hang before ya go! What will family parties be without you?? I wish you the best cous! love ya!

terri said...

Sorry you didn't believe me about disneyland. I did miss you. Don't worry we'll get there again someday.
Love, mom