Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ta da!

Well it's finally finished. Definitely a new experience for me, but I finished it! Susie's cake! Tonight she'll see it for the first time, but since I'm here at my sister's and don't have a whole lot to do, I'd thought I'd blog some pictures of it now.

Here are all the tools I used to make the gum paste high heel. (Susie LOVES shoes, so I decided to make it part of her cake.)


Here is the finished product!

Here is the cake recipe I tried that Kristin sent me, and can I say that it smelled DELECTABLE. Really. I just kept having Jason and Kenzie smell it because it smelled so good. I don't know how it tastes yet, but I'll let you know after I have a slice of it tonight.

Susie really likes German chocolate cake, so I put the coconut frosting in the middle of each layer (there were 4) and then covered the entire cake with chocolate frosting before putting the green fondant on. And...

Wallah! Ya, it doesn't look that great yet...but once I had some finishing touches...




And it's done! I can't wait til she sees it tonight. It's definitely one of my pride and joys. I love it a lot.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Amie you are simply AMAZING!!! I love your cakes! I am going to miss you when your in St. George!

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Wow Amie, you did a great job decorating that cake. She will love it! You have to take another picture of it sliced so we can see all the layers and different colors! MMMmmm!

melbelle41 said...

Amie you are so talented!! You should seriously start a business!! We love you and if you need anything let us know!

Tyler and Jillian said...

Okay, I get it. I commented on the other post before I read this one. Do you do anything with buttercream frosting?

Amber said...

That is too cute!!!