Friday, July 10, 2009

The big change

I moved to St. George this week and started my job on Tuesday at the Amber Lyn Chocolate factory. I pretty much learned the ropes in one day, and now I'm just working on getting to know the factory a bit better in order to be more efficient. I work full time and stay very busy with miscellaneous jobs. Time goes fast and for that, I am grateful. I absolutely love working there. The people are fun, I'm always busy, and I get to smell and eat delicious chocolate all day. (I'm trying to do more of the smelling, less of the eating.) I mostly work with shipping the chocolate out. I get the orders printed out, filled, and then do all necessary steps to ensure the package gets to the customer on time, not melted, and in one piece. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get to help with wrapping the chocolate. Today was probably the funnest day I've worked so far, just because I finally have a handle on things and Fridays are what they call "Les Miserables" day. This translates to Ben, Isaac, and Jessie all singing at the top of their lungs to Les Mis while working with the machine we like to call "Bertha". This is also the time I turn up the sound on my ipod. Occasionally a long drawn out note will still come through and I just look at the worker next to me and smile. Oh, ALC what would I do without you? Probably die from the heat. That's one of the weird things about working at the factory. We have to keep the whole place super cold, so I get a little temperature disoriented. I actually wear a sweatshirt to work. Weird. It's like 108 degrees outside. Anyways, I love my job. (until I get into trouble...but that hasn't happened yet.)


St. George is proving to be a tough adjustment. Not that I don't love it, just that I'm not used to not having friends and only my parents to come home to. I have to admit though, I like it. I think the more I'm down here, the more I'll love it. I haven't gone to the singles ward yet, but that should be another interesting adventure. In the mean time, I ride to work in the mornings with my dad listening to NPR on the radio and working full time at one of the most delicious places on earth. Life is good.

1 comments:

Kimi said...

I didn't know you were going to work there. Mmmm... chocolate and you actually get to eat it and not just handle it all day. That is the best job in the world.