always seem to come when you are trying to let go of them. Don't ask me where that came from. I'm just sitting here on the eve (or should I say early morning) of my departure to St. George and I have so many thoughts running through my brain right now. But I'm seriously itching just to go! I bet in a week I'll be ready to come back, but this time there won't be any turning back for a long time. Wish me luck!
Speaking of memories. I can't seem to remember that I should never make a bet with Lindsey. I always seem to lose. Now I owe her Cheesecake Factory AND Wendy's. It's about time I give up. Or maybe I should just be smarter on what I bet on... ;)
Ok, here are some pictures of what I've been up to recently:
I don't really know who these guys are. We just picked them off of the street and asked them if they needed their hair dyed. (alright, I lied. This is Dan and Nate. Two of my really good friends from High School) I was talking to Dan one day, and he said that he'd like to get a fish or dye his hair before he went up to Logan for school in the Fall. I laughed and we even hung out and looked at dye at the grocery store...I never really intended on doing it...but then I told Linds about our little joke, and off we go. So, the next day we all went to Wal-Mart and bought hair dye after playing frisbee with some other friends. It was probably one of the most random, fun days I've ever had. Thanks guys!
Linds and I were a little apprehensive about dying our hair. I mean, my hair is one of my redeeming qualities. (well, at least I like my hair.) So we bought some wash out dye, and it turns out, that I LOVE my hair darker. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. I might just make the change permanent. Dan likes to joke about how now that his hair is black, he has an excuse to be mean. (Are people with black hair naturally more mean? I don't think so...whatever floats your boat Dan.)
I was checking out Bakerella's blog as I usually do, and came across a post of her making a peanut butter cup chocolate cake. Well, it looked GLORIOUS. I showed Jason and he immediately fell in love with it just as I had. As a late birthday gift, I made him one. Can I say how rich and delicious this cake was?! Man. It was good. But don't eat more than a couple of bites and make sure you have a tall glass of milk near by.
Mmm, mmmm, mmmm, mmm, mmmmmmmm. Is this cake hand made? Why, yes. It sure is, Bob. (wow, it's really time for me to go to bed.)
And last, but not least, I've been hanging out a lot with my friends from high school. The men have returned from their full-time missions, and now it's time to break them all in! It's been great to see everyone again and watch as life unfolds for all of us now that we are older. Lindsey threw me a goodbye BBQ and I'm so grateful for all my friends that attended. It was wonderful. Here is a picture of my friend Maria at the pool. Doesn't she look wonderful?
0 comments:
Post a Comment