Sunday, January 25, 2009

I love to write

There are moments in life that just make me want to write. I've noticed over the years that writing has become my therapy. In high school, I set my hopes on writing a novel. I came up with all the characters, the plot, and I even started on it, but I realized I wasn't the best at coming up with a good storyline. Nor did I feel like I had the experience to write about 18th century England or America. (Of course my books would be based in the time period when men were gentleman and women wore petticoats.) So, I started writing about my life. I wrote about memories I had, scenarios in my head, and people in my life. Even today, when I have a rough day, or when something marvelous happens, I write. Not even about that specific event. (That's what journals are for.) No, my stories are ones that don't actually happen. I may use the same people in my real life for my stories, but most of the time, they aren't factual events. But that is what I think makes writing so fun for me. I can create a world that no one else has seen. Not like some science fiction novel, but one where I have the strength to run for miles and I don't get side aches, or where I live in the country side and take walks along the green trees of England in dainty blue dresses. I can make up anything. Even now, I think I'd rather be writing about the beach, then about my love for writing about the beach. :) Just another piece of Amie, in case anyone was curious.

2 comments:

Madi said...

Man, you should've been on Euphony.

Kimi said...

I love you so much. Your mom has a great place down in St. george. She let us stop there on our way to Cali the other week. Your family is so great. I miss them so much.