I remember about 9 or so years ago when the rumor started going around that there was going to be a Draper Temple. Even then, I got so excited and could hardly wait for the Temple to be built. It's been a long time since the rumor started, but here we are, years later, with the most gorgeous temple all built and ready for the work to begin! I was driving up to go hang out with Lindsey, and the Temple was lit up. It was the first time I've seen it all finished with the lights on. I almost started to cry. The joy! Not only that, but there was a magnificent full moon when we went to go visit the Temple. It was just wonderful, so Linds and I HAD to take lots of pictures. Here are some:
I've definitely made the decision that this is the temple I want to be sealed in. Because of my love for Draper, the closeness it is to my family and friends, it's the prime spot! Years ago I remember when me and a few of my high school friends went up to the temple spot, before it even started to be built, and we got some roses, picked off the petals, and for each petal we listed a quality we wanted our husbands to have. It was cheesy, and if any of you have seen Practical Magic, that is where we got the idea. But I'm glad I have those fond memories. Ah, high school. Anyways, I was worried the Temple would come out weird looking, or something, but I'm glad to be wrong. It's beautiful, and the view is astounding! I can't wait to be able to go inside. I'll have more pictures from my family's trip next month inside of it. :)
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
5 comments:
Cool pics Ames. love ya.
Ames, they are beautiful pictures with a beautiful girl.
Thanks for taking them. My heart aches. Love Mom
Ames,
It won't be long. Great pix and great expectations.
Love,
Dad
Oh! It's gorgeous! I love our Draper Temple! Us Draper-ites are all so lucky! I remember that flower thing, we were so dramatic about it... haha
Love you, ames!
That open house was so beautiful. Too bad I never got to see you there!
Post a Comment