Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wedding cakes

So this sunday a guy from my ward came up to me and asked me if I would be willing to make a wedding cake for his friend who is getting married. He told me that the man who was going to get married needed to do so before he was baptized. They are trying to throw together a wedding in only about 4 weeks and the guy in my ward is planning it all. AH! He also told me he saw the pictures of Lindsey's and my temple cake on Facebook and knew that I made cakes. I said, "Ya, but I don't make wedding cakes!" He told me he had full trust in me. So, with that, I am making a wedding cake. Yes, I, Amie Purles, will be somewhat in the wedding cake business.

The next day after he asked me to make the cake, I recieved a flier at work advertising cake making classes. I just knew that God really wanted me to get into cakes. Which is fine with me. I LOVE making cakes. And I will be taking cake making classes.

So, I need all you who follow my blog to help me out. I need recipes for a good vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet cake. I also need a good recipe for a buttercream frosting that tastes good and that will be able to withstand some...well, that just can handle being put on a cake. No wussie frosting here.

Also, you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm making another cake creation this weekend. Yep, I will be attempting to make a 3D swan cake with Lindsey for her Birthday on Saturday. Wish me luck, and I'll post pictures of it later.

4 comments:

Hilarie Ann said...

Oh my! Can I take the class with you? Seriously, I've been thinking about taking one for a long time now...

Tyler and Jillian said...

My mom makes wedding cakes. Want me to ask her? Better yet, you could talk to her in person. I bet she has some great pointers.

Tyler and Jillian said...

Or on the phone, she's on facebook now too, so add her, Holly Sonntag.

krista said...

How fun!!! You can do it! I don't know anything about making cakes or stuff like that but there are some blogs I think that you would like. They are:

bakerella.blogspot.com
cakesbywhitney.blogspot.com

I think the cakes by whitney one has some good websites you can check out if you have time. They also may have some good recipes you can use.