...I think God is sitting up there watching my life play out, and laughing hysterically right along with me. Of course I laugh at the ridiculousness of my life. What else can you do?
...I don't believe in coincidences. My statistics and qualitative reasoning classes may say otherwise, but I think that everything, every situation, and every person you meet randomly, is no coincidence. For instance, today I ran into an old friend from high school and we decided to have lunch. He said he was taking his lunch break a little late, and I was taking mine early. What are the chances that we cross paths on this huge University, at the same exact spot, and have our lunch breaks at the same time? It was no coincidence. God has a purpose for everything.
...I wonder what life would be like if I had done something differently. Like what if I had just decided to stay up at USU instead of coming to BYU. How much different would my life be? How much has BYU changed me and shaped me into who I am today? I know you shouldn't look at the past, but I don't regret anything. I just like to think about how much I've changed, and what has happened in my life to bring on that change. Change is a beautiful thing. It might be rough at first, but it gets better. Nothing is constant in life but change.
...I like to drive up to the Draper Temple and ponder. It may be the most comforting place in this entire world, and I feel closer to that Temple because I was there every step of the way. I like to watch the sort of people who go in and out; their expressions, their outward affection to their spouses or other family members, and the light that radiates from them when they walk to their cars.
...I prefer to sleep rather than to eat. That's saying a lot.
...I would enjoy slapping a boy for no good reason. (But most of the time I have valid reasons, hence the reason why I wouldn't feel bad.)
...I feel like making dinner for someone, or multiple someones. I just really like to do it. I would much rather make dinner with someone, than actually go out to eat. (Unless it's the Cheesecake Factory...) It's just a great opportunity to get to know someone on a different level. And, you can see how they act in the kitchen. (Sometimes, this can be a deal breaker.)
...I would like to know what it feels like to be a complete genius, like knock-your-socks-off, save-the-world genius.
...I should really just keep things to myself. I have learned that the hard way. While being open and honest with people is part of my personality, there are just some things that shouldn't be said, or just a time to say them.
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
1 comments:
I LOVE the draper temple too!
Post a Comment