
My mom suggested I should read this book awhile ago, and I thought it was a coincidence that my cousin handed it to me last week and said I had to read it. I didn't understand what all the hype was about, until I was glued to it last night. That's right, I stayed up way past midnight reading Stargirl. I don't regret it, even if I almost did fall asleep at the computer at work. I honestly feel like I read the best book ever written. (ok, well one of the best.) I was in tears by the end of it, not because it was depressing, but because it was inspiring. Why is this book so good? It tells a simple moral in such a way that it makes you want to be better. It screams - BE YOURSELF! Not only that, but conforming to what is "popular" is plain stupid. Why be normal when you can be amazing? I think my mom knew that this book would hit a nerve within me. I think sometimes I worry too much about what other people think of me, and I try to please everyone, even when I know it's impossible. It feels good to forget yourself, and think about others. I prefer it actually. I wish I could forget myself more often. In college, it gets hard to make time for serving others, especially when grades and sanity are on the line, but I made a resolution to do it more often. I may not be as outgoing as Stargirl, by singing to people at lunch tables with her ukelele and cheering for the opposite team, but I stand out in my own way. I encourage all of you to read this book! It's short, sweet, and comes with the best feeling after the book is done. It's one of those you just keep thinking about even after you stop reading. I heard there was a sequel! You know what I'll be doing this weekend. Thanks mom!
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
4 comments:
You do stand out Amie. We missed you this weekend and couldn't stop asking about you as we were all worried. Hope you're feeling better. I don't love to read as you know so a book like this sounds perfect for me. I will definately be reading it.
Well you know you have always been a stargirl in my book. Glad you enjoyed it. Love mom
Well if you are worried about what people think of you, I happen to think you are one of the coolest people ever and one of the few cousins that keep in contact with me so you have to be pretty much amazing to put up with me. Love you girl!
This book changed my life.
Post a Comment