Thursday, November 13, 2008

Peterson Family Reunion


Ok, so this post is LONG overdue, but I just got so frustrated with trying to add all the pictures in the right order, and blah blah blah. (I'm still not blogger savvy.) So, what the heck, here are the Peterson Reunion highlights...all out of order.
Now you might think that mother has gone a little crazy, but we all know she's been like that for awhile now. (I've been blessed to inherit this rare gene. My sister on the other hand, is completely normal.) This is right before we headed out to the "cruise" at the church building where we'd hoped to win the prize for the best costume. I'll tell you one thing, if she didn't win for her costume, she would have won for her posing techniques.
These are the children that cause us so many smiles and bunches of laughter in our family. I love these kids with every fiber of my being. Some of the best moments of my life have been when I'm babysitting these rascals and they'll come up to me and say, "Amie, I love you" completely out of the blue. (you might be able to see my mom and I holding up Max and Luke)
I've always loved how my mom can get so dramatic while telling a story, but this time, I didn't really love it so much. She elbowed me in the face while trying to retell a hypothetical situation. Anyways, I was laughing so hard I didn't even realize my lip was bleeding, until Amber pulled out the camera and started taking pictures.This is me, in all my bloody glory.
Mackenzie stole the show when she got up and sang "Tomorrow" from the musical Annie. Everyone was up clapping and laughing at her cheesy facial expressions and even more cheesy hand movements. She is special.

Here's the grandkids posing for a picture. Notice how most of us aren't looking at the camera, or are wearing weird faces. This is how it's always been. Just a bunch of goof balls getting together to spread the love. I love them all.
Grandma reading to some great grandchildren. It was a precious moment.
Last, but not least, here is our toilet man. We were given a bunch of fruit and the assignment to come up with a fruit sculpture. We all sat there looking at our options when Chase had the great idea to do a man on a toilet. Don't ask me where he came up with that. (He may have just come back from the restroom.) So all of us got to work and came up with this little guy. We even gave him a crossword puzzle in honor of our Peterson tradition of reading, or doing puzzles, on the toilet. It really can't get better than this.


3 comments:

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

I had a great time at the reunion too. I love how you said that your sister is completely normal, then a few pictures down have the picture of her singing karaoke! Abnormal is so much more fun. (You can move the pictures around after they are uploaded. You have to move from top to bottom, not bottom to top though.)

terri said...

The reunion was great but it's even greater that you blogged about it. It just brings it back fresh and fun forever! Thanx my Amie. Love momma

terri said...

Actually would you mind taking my picture pose off.
That was a rare personal moment between you and me not for all the millions of bloggers that come to the sight.