Fall is my favorite time of year. Here are some of the reasons I just don't want it to end:
The Weather. I love when the temperature gets just a bit chillier. You come to appreciate the sun more. My favorite thing to do is going outside when it is a little bit colder and to feel the warmth of the sun on my face. After a week like this one, where it rained or overcast everyday, I just want to run outside and play in the sun. (too bad I'm at work looking out on the beautiful day, instead of partaking of it.) Fall is the cool off from summer and the preparation for winter. It's just wonderful.
The Leaves. I love the changing colors of the leaves. When I look at the mountain and see it's covered in oranges, reds, and yellows, it can take my breath away. One thing I absolutely miss about Utah State is driving through the canyon in the Fall and being surrounded by the myriads of colored trees. It really is a sight to behold. It's always been my fantasy to rake up a the largest pile of leaves and just jump into it. I don't know why, but leaf raking always reminds me of home.
Thanksgiving. The holiday when families get together, gorge themselves, and watch lots of movies. :) No, but I love Thanksgiving for more than just the food. I love it because it's the time we remember all that we are grateful for. I know I don't take enough time out of the day and list all my blessings, but when Thanksgiving comes around, I am more aware of what God has blessed me with. I think that has a large part to do with being around my family. My family is one of the biggest blessings I have had in my life. We grow up in a time where the family unit is constantly being bombarded and destroyed. I am grateful mine is still going strong. (and growing at a rate of 2 babies per year.) I honestly can't wait to share my family with that special someone some day. (I know what you are saying, "cut the cheesiness amie!" But I can't help it.) I also love Thanksgiving for the pecan pie. Oh, it's delicious. I'm already drooling.
The Style. I think people can get away with a lot in the Fall, fashion-wise, I mean. It's always so interesting to see how people are keeping warm without pulling out that big winter coat. I love jacket weather. I would wear a jacket everyday if I could. I'm also in love with the beautiful scarves I see all around campus. If I had money to spare, I would buy colored scarves for every outfit, and everyday. I'm intrigued by all the layering that is going on these days. Most of you who know me know that I wear all kinds of layers year round, and think I'm crazy for how much I wear in the summer. Fall is the time where I can wear all kinds of layers, and outrageous things to keep me warm without actually pulling out the ear muffs, gloves, and the cumbersome coat. Sweater weather rocks.



Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
4 comments:
I agree. This is also my favorite time of year for many of the same reasons, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It bugs me when people start decorating for Christmas right after Halloween. It cuts fall in half and skips Thanksgiving.
I hope all this gratitude and love in your heart transfers over to you actually coming down to St. George to be with your family for Thanksgiving! Jason and I will sleep in the theater room if it makes a difference.
I love fall, too. Spring is probably my favorite season, but nothing beats scarves and layers. It is also the perfect season for taking pictures, I think.
I missed the traditional crisis situation with thanksgiving dinner this year because I didn't get to see you! Sad day!
Post a Comment