
I've been told all my life that time is the most precious of treasures. I haven't really realized this significance until I got older and my life filled up with busy-ness that we all encounter. I think you all know what I'm talking about. It comes when you are trying to fit too many things in one day, and you only wished you had a couple of more hours to get something done. Or when you just need a few more hours of sleep to function a little bit better. I was sitting in class the other day, glancing at the clock on my phone every five minutes, waiting for my class to get over so that I could go to my next class, where I'd be doing the same thing every 2-5 minutes. All of a sudden, President Monson's talk came into my head about finding joy in the now. How many minutes have I wasted glancing at the clock, just waiting for things to get over? I didn't realize how much I am always looking forward to something else. I always think "If I can just get done studying for this test," or "After this week things will get better," or "when I get more time I'll do it." But these statements have taken control over my life. I finally decided to do something about it. I changed my attitude towards time, and I can't tell you the difference it's made in my life. I put my phone in my pocket, listened more intently to my lectures, and found more joy in the more mundane things in life. Yesterday while exercising, I even found joy in my pain. I ignored the time, (because usually it seems like when you are exercising, time never moves), and in turn, the time went faster, I worked harder, and I felt like I had actually accomplished something. It was a good feeling. Better than good, it was amazing! I'm trying my best to find joy, even when joy doesn't seem to come easy. This is the time to be happy and I don't want to look back and think "I wished I would have enjoyed that time better because it's harder now." Anyways, that is something I've really been pondering lately and that has brought new happiness into my life. I just thought I would share it with you all. So be grateful for the time you have!
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
1 comments:
Amie,
I am amazed at the profound thoughts you come up with. I am very proud of you.
Love Momma
Post a Comment