A lot of times at work, I get time to just sit and relax, or study, or even blog. So here I am, blogging once again. I just had a strong urge to write about the gratitude I feel today, for pretty much everything. I got the opportunity to go to the temple today by myself, and it was one of the best experiences. I wasn't planning on going, but when I woke up today, I felt like I needed to go. Satan was working on me all day, because there were a lot of things that came up and almost made me not want to go. But I did, and I'm so grateful that I did. It was such a calming experience. I haven't been for so long, and it just makes the experience so much better. I forget how wonderful the temple is, and I'd like to go more often. I'm grateful for the spirit that resides there, for the wonderful angels who work there, and for the answers that I receive by doing baptisms for the dead. When I walked out of the temple, the sky was clear, the fountains were running, and it was quiet. I was overwhelmed with the beauty that surrounded me. I'm so grateful for Utah!
I'm so grateful for this Gospel. Sometimes I take for granted the fact that I was born into it, and that I have such a Gospel loving, Christ-centered family. Through these last couple of weeks, my family has really stood by my side, and given me the support I needed. If you guys are reading this, I really am grateful for all of you. I wouldn't be who I am today, if it wasn't for your great examples. I admire your little families, and your spiritually filled homes. I enjoy spending time with you, talking to you, and even watching your snot-nosed children. :) I would take them spitting up on me, and spreading their snot on my shirt any day, if it just meant I could spend time with you all. Thanks for putting up with your spoiled, sometimes immature, little sister. I really appreciate it.
I'm also very grateful that I have the opportunity to come to this great school of the BY. I lucked out this semester with my classes, my roommates, and my living arrangements. I couldn't have asked for better. I think the Lord decided to give me a break after this summer and he's letting me relax before I face my next challenge. I'm taking a deep breath before I have to plunge in the waters of reality again. (This is why I love not being totally responsible and independent yet. I get to come up every once in awhile and take a breath.) Thank you Mom and Dad for making this dream possible for me. Go Cougars!
Well, I think that's enough of my blubbering on gratitude. I could go on forever today, but I'll keep it to myself.
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
2 comments:
Hey girl you can get my apple pie recipe off my blog where it says recipes! I think the potato rolls recipe is there too. Call me with any ?s you have if you decide to make them!
BTW thank you for loving our snot nosed kids! We love you, it was fun to see you last weekend!
Post a Comment