Monday, June 23, 2008

Summertime

It's been awhile since I've been able to blog, mostly due to the fact that everytime I do, something goes wrong, and I spend hours on a blog that never gets put up because it never turns out how I want it to. :) But, I decided to give ya'll a quick update on my life, and tell a little about what my summer has been about.  First off, being laid off from a good job that seemed the biggest blessing this summer has been really challenging for me.  Usually I can get a job pretty quick, but this time it's taken a long time to find something else.  I've applied to a million places and I never got an interview.  Plus, the places I did apply to, wanted me to work on sunday, and that wasn't going to fly with me. So, enough of that, but it is part of the reason I haven't blogged for awhile.  Luckily, I think I now of some opportunities to start work. Overall, I think this summer has been the most challenging, and at the same time, the most rewarding.  Here are some pictures to convey the funness of my summer.  
After finals at BYU, my roommates and I took a trip to California and enjoyed it immensely. We went to a Dodgers game, Disneyland, the beach, and my favorite...WICKED. It was so much fun, and I think this was my favorite picture of the whole trip.  Sometimes I really miss having roommates that are there all the time that I can go to talk to no matter what time of day it is.  They are constant friends waiting to give advice, listen, or just laugh and cry with you. I love you girls more than you know.  Thanks for getting me through my first year at BYU.
This summer has been a summer of new borns.  This one is Maxwell Kai Purles.  He is such a beautiful baby, and it is always a joy just to sit and hold him.  It ALMOST makes me want to be a mom. ;)
As I said, it's been a summer of babies. This one is Luke Watkins Purles.  He is also a joy to hold and he'd sleep in my arms for hours if I had the time to hold him that long.  I'm so grateful for my growing family.  It's amazing to see my siblings start their own families, and raise their own children.  I have so many great examples to look up to and I know that I am very fortunate. Thanks fam, for being so wonderful.
I've hung out a lot with my nieces and nephews this summer.  Olivia and I went to the Zoo awhile back, and we both enjoyed seeing all the animals and especially the bird show.  Olivia has now become my adopted little sister.  She is always eager to give me hugs and makes cards for me all the time just to tell me she loves me.  She's my little creative monkey.  One day when I was babysitting Olivia's family, we got on the conversation of getting married.  I told her I didn't know if I would get married and she replied, "Amie, you have to get married! If you don't, then I won't either!"  I was a little concerned about this and asked why. She said, "because I want to be just like you!" I almost just cried right there.  I better start being a better example to her and start searching for Mr. Right so she can have some hope.  She's going to have to wait awhile.
Finally, this summer has actually brought some new friends from old faces.  This was a double date that Linds and I planned with Jared and James.  Two guys that used to be in our ward way back when that we met in the singles ward again.  It's been a great ride hanging out with these two crazy guys.  This particular date consisted of Jared making a fool of himself by going to Jordan Commons and playing his guitar around the place because he lost a bet.  But first, he had to write a song for Lindsey, which was amazing in my book for being written in half an hour.

I promise I'll blog more later.  I've got plenty of fun where this came from.  Summer is only half way over, and I am in no way ready to go back to school yet. 

2 comments:

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Such a cute post with so many exciting moments to share. It was fun to read as I laughed and smiled. See you this weekend.

Amber said...

Fun to see an update, Halle loves to come to your blog to see Cruella Devil now :)