Friday, November 13, 2009

I lied.

Life did get better. ;) I just received word a couple of weeks ago that I have my old job back at BYU. So not only will I be starting my new Advertising program, but I'll also be happily employed, which is saying a lot considering the many who are looking for jobs in this sad economy. I feel so blessed, and so undeserving of it. But I never cease to thank my Heavenly Father for these miraculous blessings. It just seems like everything lately is fitting into place. I love when that happens! It just reassures me that what I'm doing is the right thing.

I haven't come up to the Draper/Provo area in forever! Not only do I not have the money to, but my car has been having problems and prevents me from taking my frequent trips back and forth. Surprisingly, I have a pretty good life down here, complete with a loving family, a job I love to go to, and even a social life. I know, I didn't think a social life would be possible for me down here either, but I have made friends with some of the most genuine, kind, and fun people I have ever met. I apologize for any misconceptions and generalizations I had of people in St. George. I'm a little bit torn about coming back up to BYU. Don't worry, I'll be back up come January 4th, bright eyed and ready to start a new semester.

In the mean time, here are some pictures of my adventures.

These pictures are of our last rehearsals for the play. As much as it took out of my life and made me frustrated at times, I'm so glad I did it, even if it was just for the moments like these:

Juli just finished singing to her deceased husband (a very sad song indeed), looks up, and for the first time sees Dan in his Korean wig. Ya, it was pretty funny.

Juli also cooked us dinner sometimes, so for kicks, we wore food boxes on our heads.


These are just a few pictures from our dress rehearsals. I'm the nurse in the back looking like I've actually got something to do...

These are the rest home ladies...

And this is Sue. (She's just one of the 8 characters I played.) The cast liked to call her Thelma. Can you see why?

My favorite dance was this "homeless" dance. We made the audience crack up every time. It was hard for us not to break out in laughter too...

It was hard to keep a straight face in this little dance number too. Yes, we're supposed to be gangstas. I think we pulled it off pretty well...

I have to admit, I kinda miss the play. It was fun while it lasted, and I'm glad I had the experience.

Here are some pictures of our family reunion up in Zion National Park. I only wish the whole family could have been there. Sadly, half of them were sick with various illnesses.



McLane was trying to eat Kristin's sandwich. It was pretty funny. I've never seen a baby become so violent in trying to get food they couldn't even chew.

I thought I was pretty cool trying to climb the rocks and all.

So, a few weeks ago I had an advertising orientation at BYU for my major. I was recovering from the Swine Flu (I had gotten it from the reunion), and Dan was kind enough to drive me up and back down in the same day so they wouldn't kick me out of my major. (I wasn't quite up to making the monotonous 8 hour trip on my own.) I had to document the moment with me all sickie, and him driving me so willingly 4 hours away to my 2 hour orientation. Yes, he did end up getting sick too. :( Thanks Dan!

A few of us from the play bought tickets for Thriller at Tuacahn. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I couldn't believe some of the ways the dancers could move their bodies! It was also the coldest night this Fall in St. George, so we bundled up nice and tight.


And of course, what would my life be without Amber Lyn Chocolates?! Nothing. I helped with the road show last week at Costco. I'm hoping they don't need me to do it again. It can get really boring, busy, and frustrating at the same time. I felt like chopping off some people's fingers. Hence, this next picture:

Lastly, Dan and I went to a Black and White Dinner/Dance at the Institute building. It was so much fun! We took pictures just like we used to in High school before we headed out and of course, mom stood there for 20 minutes getting different angles and getting us to do different poses. I love mom!



Whoo! That was a long post. But at least I'm caught up now. Phew.

2 comments:

Hilarie Ann said...

I love all these pictures! Thanks for the update!

Golly, I pretty much love you too. Can I come visit?

Amber said...

I just did some catch up blogging too, as you saw :). Hopefully we will see you soon at Christmas time!