Ever since I was little, when things would get tough, wether it was in school, my violin studies, or just the little ruts in the road of life, my mom would always say, "Amie, you can do hard things." I can definitely say that this semester was one of those hard things. I've never had such a semester filled with pain, sorrow, and missing home more than ever. Not just my parents, but my actual home in Draper. I loved that house with all my heart. I had so many good memories there, and was hoping to have much more. It's been a tough adjustment all around. But these feelings of sadness have only heightened the joy that I've also had the pleasure of feeling. Yesterday was one of those moments. I had studied all day for two finals that I had to finish before 10 pm. It was a little stressful, and I was so tempted just to give up. I usually do about this time of year, but this year, I stuck it out until the end. I proved to myself that I had much more endurance than I thought. After taking my comms test, the test that was weighing on my mind the most because I have to get an A on it in order to get into my major, I felt so relieved! I felt I had prepared as much as I could, and the work paid off! Not only that, but good news came to me all day yesterday. My prayers were answered one by one, and I felt like there were so many blessings and "not enough room to receive them." Needless to say, I took a long walk home from the testing center and basked in the joy I felt. I had a feeling of peace that I hadn't had in a very long time. Everything will work out for my good. It always has, and always will. Sometimes it's just hard to see the glorious path in front of me when I'm in the actual moment of a particular trial. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for having faith in me, and still loving me even though I seem to mess up constantly. He is ever so merciful. I'm so grateful for this Christmas time when I can take a breath, concentrate on what's important in life, and enjoy my family.
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
3 comments:
Congrats on the finals and good job on sticking through all the tough years of school. It will pay off. I'm glad you are not only receiving but more so that you are recognizing Heavenly Father's blessings. We pray for you!
What a great post Amie! Great job on the finals! We are excited to see you this week!
Amie, What a blessing you are to your family (Me especially). Thank you for writing your experiences and feelings. You CAN DO hard things. Sorry about our home...your Dad and I are missing home, family and friends too. But we are all on the right track - we are moving forward - the future has never looked so bright...here we come! LOve mom
Post a Comment