Sunday, August 24, 2008

Change


There has been a lot of change in our family lately.  My parents have finally sold their house, and are now currently, homeless in St. George. (Well not really, Grandma's house is always nice to stay ;)) To us, it's a big blow to our tightly knit family unit.  We all live within 20 minutes of each other and get together for dinners quite frequently.  It's going to be lonely and weird with out our parents there, but I sure hope we still get together often.  Mom, Dad, we are going to miss you! I wish you all the luck in the world, and I know what you guys are doing is the right thing! I love you two! I especially love my family.
To celebrate this new time in life for our family, we went to Olive Garden for dinner.  I had so much fun talking with everyone, and listening to the conversations.  At one point the waitress even said "You guys are a fun table!" Well, we do what we can, but we really are an awesome group of people when we get together.  Most of the time it's all chaos and jokes.  I love it.
Mom has learned many new songs from teaching preschool this last year.  She loves to sing them for the grandchildren. They always get a kick out of it. It's adorable with my mom's high voice, and the kids with their bright smiles.
Jason and Mom shared a huge ice cream sundae.  I don't know which one finished it off first, but I'm sure it was a tie.  They are crazy.
Thanks everyone for being who you are! You have always been there to support me in my time of need.  I know you are all watching out for me, and for that, I am truly grateful.  I hope we have many more nights like this. Love you all!

2 comments:

Mandi West said...

you guys really are great, one legit family, love ya all to death! good luck to all of you! as for your parents, i tried picturing them being homeless... ha ha good thing your grandmas down there ;)

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

It was great fun getting together. You are always welcome at our house if you need a place to go.