I haven't blogged for awhile so I thought today would be a good day to write some of my thoughts and feelings down.
Today was a special day for me. You know how some days everything just seems to fit, and you feel so good about pretty much...everything. That's kinda how I felt today. I woke up to a phone call from Kellen asking me to go dress shopping for his new baby girl, Willow. I don't know why it felt so special to me, but it was. My brother is a Daddy. It felt good to talk about his "beautiful new girl." He told me that he felt he had just won 10 million dollars. I know he's going to make a great Dad and I'm so glad that I am close enough to watch his little family grow.
I think the best part of my day was holding baby Willow for what seemed like a long time. She is such a beauty. There is something about holding a new born that makes me so...happy. They are perfect in every way. I have 6 other nieces and nephews, but the new born happiness never seems to wear off for me, no matter how many times I get to hold them. My friend at work gave me a laugh today after saying that when she holds a new born baby her "ovaries tingle." It's that mother instinct that kicks in.
After being with my new niece and coming home to an empty apartment, me and my roommate Emily, went shopping. We found everything we needed in like 45 minutes, which should be a record! We were both excited that we were able to get so much done. When shopping trips go smoothly, it just makes life easier.
But that wasn't the end to my special day. Work just topped it off for me - like the cherry on top of a huge ice cream sunday. We've set up Guitar Hero at work and when it gets slow, the employees, and our boss, Bill, play it up. We also have dance parties when no one is around, which is wonderful. Mostly the dance parties consist of me making ridiculous dance moves while everyone laughs at me. I don't mind. I'll do anything to get a laugh, even if it means I end up being the goof ball. I've started to really love my job and the people I work with.
That is the end to my special day.
Wedding Day 8 | 24 | 2017
8 years ago
2 comments:
wow! Ames this is so cute! I love babies too, and being a nanny makes me excited to have kids one day too! It sounds like things are going well for you, and that makes me so happy!!! :)
PS any more pictures of the baby willow?
Thanks Amie! I am so glad you could be there the night she was born, and that you could go shopping with Kellen. Picking out her take home outfit was special for Kellen and it's cute that he wanted you to help. I know he picks on you at home but he really loves you and he is the only one that could do it. He wouldn't let anyone else mess with his little sister!
Post a Comment