Saturday, October 3, 2009

The new

So, I thought I would do a quick update for anyone who cares. :) I feel like I'm super busy, and I'm not even going to school! But here are a few things I've been up to:

I am training for a half marathon! Last week I could only run a mile, this week I'm up to 3. I feel great! I love running and it gives me  a sense of accomplishment every time I'm able to add another mile. 
 
This month is all about doing new things, so naturally I'm in a play. (naturally?) Anyways, my cousin has written a play and recruited his family members and friends to be in it.  And no, I don't act, or dance, so I don't know why he wanted me to be in it. I can sing, but surprisingly I'm only in one song. Hmmm...let's just say it's proving to be an adventure. I've already been kicked out of a dance number because I couldn't learn it in time. Can you believe I once was a ballerina, a spanish dancer, jazz dance enthusiast, and river dance pro? Ya. You'd never know by the way I dance in this play. If you have the desire to make the trip down this month, or are in the area, come see it! Opening night is this Monday. It's free, it's at a spa (the seats are COMFY), and I'm pretty much in every scene.  I wear 4 different wigs and have 11 costume changes. I promise it will be worth your while. (Here's another incentive for you to come see it: I have a dance number with a walker and I wear a hideous gray wig with a moo moo dress. You really want to come now, don't ya?)

Of course Amber Lyn is still very much a part of my life.  We've started to do new things there too. If you ever get a chance, check out the website! We've been taking new pictures and revamping things. www.amberlynchocolates.com

Well. That's it for now. I'll post some pictures later.


2 comments:

terri said...

I love you. You are really the star of the show for me.
The costume changes are hysterical. I love it. Mom

Mandi West said...

Amie, i care. haha and i really really want to see this play. It sounds like a hoot!!!!! Good luck in your dance number and costume changes. ;)